Good morning to the fun of this Holiday Season of giving Thanks;
I trust this fine day of November finds you in good health, with a strong balance sheet.
As Thanksgiving comes upon us, we begin to give thoughts to the many things we should be very thankful. The child of a friend, was recently involved in a major accident. Thankfully, the medical needs – emergency work, blood transfusion, and needed surgery – were the first priority, even before the parents arrived or insurance complexities were understood. For many other countries of the world, this outcome is not always the same. I am most thankful for the child and the parents.
As we enter the election cycle, the media news will continue to heat up. Key is not getting caught up in the emotional frenzy and misleading headlines. Often better to not follow the mainstream, whether its hype or fears. It is how one could best anticipate the Dot.bomb, financial collapse, and resultant recessions. This also keeps you financially prepared for the coming rebound in real estate and how to best time low interest rates. Key is having those professionals on your team, able to the grasp the subtleties of coming market shifts, based on relevant data, not emotions.
My next letter, we will discuss a list of my top sources for news, giving credit where it is due.
Love to time the market? Today’s rates make now awonderful window of opportunity to:
Refinance your ballon loan today.
Let’s begin saving you money and add cash to your balance sheet – CallToday.
As you can tell, my approach is straightforward – preferring meaningful data to pointless facts – and then to completing the job – without headaches to you. Our review, plan, and execute approach to success, is a proven strategy. Its’ focus is gathering relevant data, focusing on differing loan programs that fit your needs Then executing a timely close. We call this the WIN Strategy – a proven path to financial safety, security, and long-term success. Can I be of service to you?
- Rents and NOI: Both increasing. Translation: Rent control initiatives have been carefully scrutinized, including finance experts at Berkeley. Bottom Line: Without exception, rent control reduces the number of available units, resulting in higher rents. How, or why, do ‘rent control advocates’ continue to claim otherwise, is baffling. Yet, as a landlord, you enjoy the higher rents and rising values, knowing there is less new competition on the horizon.
- Cap Rates: Holding steady at the recent low’s. The exception is the ‘rental market’ where some Cap Rates are slipping slightly. Why? Increasingly stringent rent control policies are bring rising levels of uncertainty – as opposed to risk. Sounds contrary to the above? Only if you are an investor seeking to buy and have concern about uncontrollable government influence. Outcome: Local ‘rental’ projects become for sale condo’s. Let’s talk.
- Jobs: The US economy keeps adding more this year. With this, Y-o-Y wage growth is strong, though the pace is easing. At the same time, manufacturing employment shrank, confirming recent Federal Reserve Board rate cuts were needed. As for unemployment: 3.5% – best since 12/69.
- Federal Reserve and the Yield Curve: Expectations are the Fed will pause future cuts, while at the same time adding liquidity to make the US dollar more competitive. Bottom line: Low rates are your window of opportunity. Call today.
- Transportation: Slipping in shipments maybe a concern. Yet the historical perspective indicates it is to early to be overly concerned. Shipments were worse and for a longer cycle of time, from mid- 2015 into early 2016. We will keep watching for you.
Call us. We are here ready help and now is the time.
Growth, expansion, and the fun of trading, are all doing great!
1031’s can be interesting. Sometimes deadlines come too quickly or involved parties negotiate numbers too long. One such deal fell apart, with the client again waiting. Then and thankfully so, 30 days before the 180 day deadline, a Plan B emerged. After spending 30 days on Plan B – with time running out on our low rate, long-term financing loan – we were able to close the exchange by using an excellent bridge loan. We made it work and now can finalize long-term financing.
Another negotiating hiccup: A local religious group, having one year left on their lease, entered into new negotiations, with a somewhat contentious attitude. Not trusting their Realtor, they hired a friendly attorney. Outcome: The new lease is and will remain less favorable than negotiated by the Realtor. It helps make the point. A well-trained expert in the real estate profession, is better able to negotiate a stronger long-term deal, for the client, than a general law degree. Be wise, its worth it.
While most closed commercial real estate deals are straight forward, it is fun to share that not all such closing, are donuts with sprinkles. Some can be quite entertaining and even rough. Yet our goal – your success – never changes and we are with you to the close – and beyond.
Bottom Line: Falling interest rates open new doors and increased profitability for Small Business Commercial and Apartments. It is a great time to invest. It is also a good time to add to the bottom line by refinancing existing loans and even consolidating debts. It is an especially good time to refinance any balloon loans. Call: Let’s talk about you getting more for your dollar, today.
Where are you? If Buying, we provide the financing to carry you through. If Selling, we have multiple ways of putting off / deferring Capital Gains taxes. If you are seeking to re-structure from a short-term sweat equity buildout to a long-term hold, call us. We hear you and are ready to help. I am speaking regarding Capital Gains deferral and avoidance strategies again, early in December. The evening of the 5th and 6th. And again January 18th. If you have an interest, reach out and I will get an invite out to you.
Benefits: We help our clients / investors achieve; improved cash flow, increased potential for future rental increases, and good budgeting of major expenses. We believe in investing in real estate – a quality asset for a diversified portfolio.
Good News: Our many lending partners are ready to write – today – traditional commercial loans, without surprises. Even more: Our lenders offer terms beyond the common 10-year term. Learn more – Call today.
Key to Your Success
Upfront planning, good preparation, and quality data. From here, we build a solid, strong loan request, one anticipating lender questions – small details and typical questions. Good New: We know the how, what, why’s. This insight is key to why my team should be a value team player in your investment mode. Details we know – Let’s talk.
New to Commercial Lending?
For years, we have new people coming into the marketplace, finding our commentary quite helpful. They appreciate both our straight forward action plan and ability to provide a quick review. Thank you again for your business – and your referrals – as I look forward to talking with you.
If you or someone you know, is considering investing in real estate for the first time, please call. This first call is a great way to address concerns, questions, and possibilities. For starters, here a list of 5 basic types of investing – plus a “quick-start” plan.
Getting Started: Types of investor activities, keeping on eye on cash flow, timing, and profit:
1) Wholesale – ‘Time and Knowledge’ vs. Money
2) Flipping – Value Added
3) Rentals – Long-term Wealth accumulation
4) Lending – Source of Lending Money
5) Agent – Representation – choose wisely
Game Plan: Quick steps:
1) Commitment: Begin taking action on a plan – one based on numbers, less emotions.
2) Write a Plan – Define your keys of Success and what you want
3) Avoid Costly Mistakes – first seek experienced, qualified, proven associates
4) Coach, Mentor or Accountability Partner
5) Competitive Advantage – Resources, Talent, Partners, Personality, Risk
6) Do the Math and add a 10% – 15% margin of safety.
Over the years, I have written and lived this list. It shares the benefit of my cumulative 30-years of time, expertise, and listening closely to my clients. For your success is my first priority.
You have heard me say it before:
It all starts with our first conversation.
Let’s talk today.
Many blessings for family and friends.