Good morning to the joy of the Holiday Season,
Mortgage Rates Say Now is the Time
– DON’T MISS OUT –
Home sales continue healthy and home refi’s – incredibly strong.
Sellers continue selling and Buyers are ready for action.
This increasing confidence confirms fake fears cannot stop us. What is important – and real – to us: Our homes are far more than simple numbers. It is about people, families and neighborhoods.
This month’s letter offers a bit of a shift. Continuing with our “Interest and News”, we will delve – lightly – into the topic of ‘aging in place’ – where retirement or thoughts of retirement become a priority, one near and dear to us.
Points of interest:
- Refi: Mortgage rates are nudging lower. But it takes more than a phone lock to fully benefit or even guarantee these better rates. Key Point: Being prepared and ready early – even today. Let’s talk. The many benefits of these wonderful rates await. Call today.
- Interest Rates: Rates continue great. VA rates and FHA rates are still in the 2’s. Refinance for Veterans: 1) Refi from conventional into a VA loan, and 2) Rate-reduction refi’s have NO income, NO asset documentation. If a Vet? Call today.
- CA Jumbo: Yes to self-employed, Yes to 80/10/10. This in addition to all the conventional Jumbo loans.Call. Let’s make it happen, today.
- Underwriting: Purchases – first priority of the underwriter. Turn around time can be a quick couple of days. Amen. How about Refinance? Patience wins. Best to start today.
Key to Success: Start the paperwork today. Let talk.
- Housing: Trying to wait out Sellers for a price drop? Such days seem over. Seller’s are confident and holding steady. They recognize these great rates are a big benefit for Buyers – each month. Don’t miss out – lower rates means more home for the dollar.
- Stock market: Fed and DC policy has renewed confidence in many sectors of the stock market to near record setting levels.
1) US Economy: Continues to wrestle with CoVid, and more with the surrounding impacts. People seem to be saying, “we can deal with it.” Take a look at Thanksgiving Season traffic. It was only 5 % less than last year. Yes, there will their be new increased reported numbers of CoVid cases, but fortunately such numbers do not tell the whole story. Small Business is thankful and so are their employees.
2) Employment: Latest jobs numbers show unemployment falling. Careful, as some due to early retirement and some people are not actively looking. Let’s also be watchful for the number of people whose benefits are dropping. The question? What is the net effect on business activity. This coming year is critical, but I do believe the American spirit is alive in our Small Business.
3) Real Estate: All we can say is ‘Amazing‘ ! One key is affordability. When you calculate incomes rising at 5.6 %, with a “40% debt-to-income ratio” – a lender number – our real estate market can support a 14% increase in value. Don’t miss out on these low rates!! Call Today!
The fake news is all about ‘affordability’ hurting. Cannot be farther from the truth !
New Market Rising: New stats for Real Estate are showing 19 % of buyers are looking to rural real estate properties – double the average. Outcome: over 10% appreciation in rural areas vs 6 % urban appreciation. Let’s talk about this rising opportunity and see if it fits.
Life Success Stories
Baby Boomers to Retirement
Health and the Baby Boomers: Investing in fitness and staying healthy.
Physical: Tai Chi, Dancing, Gardening Silver Yoga and Games. Keep your blood moving each day.
Brain Health: Research clearly indicates one’s physical exercise can ‘reverse’ brain aging. Even more, exercise helps improve our Liver do what it does to keep us healthy.
Outcome: Improves one’s psychological mood, ones sense of self-esteem and better overall health. Maybe even less need for drug therapy and for sure, better defense against illness.
Independence of Retirement: Aging in place.
What are the key pieces: Age in place, Affordability, Accessibility, History. Regularly, I have opportunity to address these financial aspects. For each key piece plays a role when it comes down to the “how-to’s” ofretirement planning and making it happen to your benefit.
As we review how your money flows and moves each month, we can begin to talk about the options that can answer questions and ease the stress of how to make your retirement, even better – today and tomorrow. It is amazing how clarity and organization, brings focus to what will work best and keep family stress at a minimum. This is good health.
It starts with a conversation and ends with the right tools:
1) Long-Term: Traditional financing. The good news: No age restriction.
2) Short-term: Excellent tools, especially in this market of very low interest rates – Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC). Great for short term ‘chunk cash’ with the benefit of flexible repayment plan.
2) Keeping one’s Home: This is an important interactive discussion of the pluses and minuses of keeping or selling – Homes better fit for age limitations; Geographic Relocation; Estate planning; Proposition 19, Debts obligations; and Meeting monthly living expenses.
3) Reverse Mortgage: Often discussed as a great way to eliminate the stress the burden of a large expense, while providing income and a tool to keep your home.
4) Selling: With Selling, a key question: How to deal with the Capital Gains? How to defer and / or avoid the potentially huge tax bill? Key to both is if the property has enjoyed substantial appreciation in value. The good news and blessing: We have several options and proven tools to ease this often burdensome stress. From the 1031 tax deferred exchange, to a number of other strategies. Let’s talk and start preparing today.
We are ready to help today. We have helped numerous people over the years and have proven estate planners and tax preparers, experienced with these tax deferral strategies. It is how we find answers and bring to you solutions used by individuals and corporations for decades. The science is in the doing and execution of the planning.
The Good News:
Rates are Awesome – New Homes or Refinance
Purchasing: Properties are flying off the shelves, being ready and willing to persevere is the one constant we see with our clients who are currently under contract to purchase. Give a ring, let’s get as much done to promote you as we can.
Reverse mortgages: With rising home values, a reverse mortgage is a great tool for staying in one’s loved home and favored neighborhood. Though our grandparents seldom thought past living into their 70’s. Today, most are thinking well past 80. Our Goal: Help each person remain pro-active in celebrating life – family, friends – and enjoy all they have accomplished.
Self-employed: These can be difficult times. So please. Let’s talk and review your unique situations and lay out workable options and best possibilities. I firmly believe in Small Business and respect those daring to be self-employed. This is the backbone of America and confirmed by business volume. We ARE getting it done for our Self-employed clients !
Buying your next home: Two very helpful “tools”. 1) A client uses their old home, as collateral for their new home!! 2) A tool whereby one’s current payment on the “old” home, does not count against your client, while settling into their new home. Excellent. You need options, tools, and alternative ideas? We have them. Call today.
*** Keep Your Cash & Defer Taxes ***
Capital Gains Tax Deferral: Ready for a a major shift in your life, but tax fears are holding you back? This may include: Closely held stock, owner occupied real estate, or a small business. If this is you, we have excellent strategies to reduce or defer capital gains taxes. This means keeping more of YOUR hard earned investment dollars, working for you. You have questions? Please ask. We love finding answers that meet your specific need. Call today.
Renting but wanting to Buy?
We offer market-based calculations comparing renting vs. the benefits of owning. Answers can be rewarding.Good news: We look beyond boiler plate, typical big numbers. We understand ‘affordability’ is unique for each and every individual, and family. Our focus is to understand you, asking pertinent questions to help guide your financial future. Our concern is more about “live-ability”, and less about ‘how big a home can I afford.’ A big, first step made better.
Because You Matter
7 things you can do to reduce stress:
1) Take Deep Breaths. Several times a day, even every hour.
2) Take breaks from the negative used by Social Media and Media in general to attract your attentions.
3) Take a brisk walk in the outside air, keeping your arms in motion. Feel the sun.
4) Look up and smile.. Yes, some of these suggestions we can do at the same time.
5) Good foods and essential oils. We hear about fruits and veggies. Now consider dark chocolates, salmon, oats, seeds, coffee and fermented foods.
6) Get enough sleep and drink water. Sleep is when toxins are removed from your body and your brain. Keep in mind, lack of sleep can be tied to dementia and other health issues.
7) Try meditation. 5 minutes a day can help bring balance to emotional stress.
– Call us –
We know success begins in knowing our Clients
Thank you for trusting me with yourself and family, and your friends. Referrals are appreciated.
Call me – Your success is our priority.