Good morning to the joys of Spring,
Mortgage Rates Say Now is the Time
– DON’T MISS OUT –
Good News: Spring is Back – Prepare Today
Home sales are healthy and home refi’s – incredibly strong.
Sellers continue selling and Buyers are ready for action.
We are seeing increasing confidence in real estate. The Good News: Fake fears cannot stop the American spirit and drive for success. More important and real us: We have gained a sense of appreciation that our homes are more than facts and data. It is about people, families and neighborhoods. My suggestion, lets talk today. Preparation is key.
Points of interest:
- Housing: In 2019, Core Logic predicated home prices would fall 6.5 %. Good News: Home prices are reported up 9.2 %, year over year! This year, the same group of experts now predicts up 2.9 %. Good News: My regular news sources are touting 6.6 %, and I am suggesting a number closer to 10 %, for the Bay Area. Rates say prepare today.
- Stock market: FANNGS up 44 %, while the other 494 of the S&P 500 were up a healthy 4.1 % for the year. Bay area big tech – can one say elections matter.
- Refi: Mortgage rates continue to be good news. But a phone lock is not a promise to fully benefit or even guarantee great rates. Don’t be sold. Key Point: Early preparation, starting today. Let’s talk. The many benefits await those best prepared . Call today.
- Interest Rates: Rates continue great.
- Conventional loans: Tracking mid 2’s, with cash out refi running a bit higher.
- VA rates and FHA rates: Fixed still in the low 2’s. Plus Veterans refi special: 1) Refi from conventional loan into a VA loan, and 2) Rate-reduction refi’s have NO income, NO asset documentation. If a Vet? Call today.
- CA Jumbo: Yes to: Self-employed, Yes to: 80/10/10. This in addition to all the standard conventional Jumbo loans. Call. Let’s make it happen, today.
- Underwriting: Purchases – first priority of the underwriter. Turn around time can be a quick couple of days. Amen. How about Refinance? Patience wins. Best to start today.
Key to Success: Start the paperwork today. Let talk.
- New Builders: New home construction up 15 % year over year, and add in 30 % + of Planned construction is already under contract.
1) US Economy: Shortages, costs, rolling shut-downs, productivity, inflation. What does this mean: Accurate prediction in the face of CoVid and election remains more of prognostication.
2) Employment: Latest jobs numbers are trending sideways. Like the US Economy, future hiring is more emotional, political, and of prognostication than of substantive numbers. Question? How does this play out? This coming year is critical, but I do believe the American spirit is alive in our Small Business and we need to stand with them, as a first priority.
3) Real Estate: Truly ‘Amazing‘ ! One key: Affordability. When you calculate rising incomes and a “40% debt-to-income ratio” – a lender number – our Bay area real estate market can support a 14% increase in value. Don’t miss out on these low rates!! Call Today!
With the elections over, perhaps the truth about ‘affordability’ will make the headline.
New Market Rising: New stats for Real Estate: 19 % of buyers are looking to rural real estate properties – double the average. Outcome: over 10% appreciation in rural areas vs 6 % urban appreciation. Let’s talk about this rising opportunity and see if it fits.
Key is the team. Successful closes require a team of successful professionals. This especially true when a transaction stumbles into a ‘bump in the road. Great teams hit the bump, does a solid review, and quickly responds. The goal: Everybody wins with a smile of satisfaction.
Who is on your team? We have fabulous agents we have worked with in many, many differing areas and geography. Give a ring and see who is on our recommendation list.
Staying in Place ?
We starts with a conversation and build with tools of success:
1) Long-Term: Traditional financing. The Good News: No age restriction.
2) Short-term: Excellent tools, especially in this market of very low interest rates – Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC). Great for short term ‘chunk cash’ with the benefit of flexible repayment plan.
2) Keeping One’s Home: This is an important interactive discussion of the pluses and minuses of keeping or selling – Homes better fit for age limitations; Geographic Relocation; Estate planning; Proposition 19, Debt obligations and meeting monthly living expenses.
3) Reverse Mortgage: Often discussed as a great way to eliminate the stress from the burden of a large expense (home mortgage), while providing income and a tool to keep your home.
4) Choosing to Sell: When Selling, often a key question concerns Capital Gains. How best to manage? How to defer, even avoid the potentially huge tax bill? Key to both: How to best benefit from its substantial appreciation in value.
The good news and blessing: We have several options and proven tools to ease this often burdensome stress. From the 1031 tax deferred exchange, to a number of other strategies. Let’s talk and start preparing today.
We are ready to help today. We have a broad range of experience, proven estate planners and tax preparers, and proven tax deferral strategies. We have answers, strategies, and solutions that are useful for individuals and corporations – for decades. With an election that promises higher taxes, let’s start planning today. Please don’t wait. Your money matter.
The Good News: Rates are Awesome
– New Homes or Refinance –
Self-employed: Times are tricky, but we are up to challenge, when you are ready. So please. Let’s talk and review your unique situations and lay out workable options and best possibilities. I stand with Small Business and respect those daring to be self-employed – the very backbone of America and the American spirit of free enterprise. Let’s stand together. Call today.
Buying your next home: Two very helpful “tools”. 1) A client uses their old home, as collateral for their new home!! 2) A tool whereby one’s current payment on the “old” home, does not count against your client, while settling into their new home. Excellent. You need options, tools, and alternative ideas? We have them. Call today.
*** Keep Your Cash & Defer Taxes ***
Capital Gains Tax Deferral: Preparing for a major shift in your life, but tax fears are holding you back? This may include: Closely held stock, owner occupied real estate, or a small business. If this is you, we have excellent strategies to reduce or defer capital gains taxes. This means keeping more of YOUR hard earned investment dollars, working for you. You have questions? Please ask. We love finding answers that meet your specific need.
Our conversation: Tax deferred ‘1031’ and beyond. Call today.
Renting but wanting to Buy?
We offer market-based calculations comparing renting vs. the benefits of owning. Answers can be rewarding.Good news: We look beyond boiler plate, typical big numbers. We understand ‘affordability’ is unique for each and every individual, and family. Our focus is to understand you, asking pertinent questions to help guide your financial future. Our concern is more about “live-ability”, and less about ‘how big a home can I afford.’ A big, first step made better.
Because You Matter
7 things you can do to reduce stress:
1) Take Deep Breaths. Several times a day, even every hour.
2) Take breaks from the negative used by Social Media and Media in general to attract your attentions.
3) Take a brisk walk in the outside air, keeping your arms in motion. Feel the sun.
4) Look up and smile.. Yes, some of these suggestions we can do at the same time.
5) Good foods and essential oils. We hear about fruits and veggies. Now consider dark chocolates, salmon, oats, seeds, coffee and fermented foods.
6) Get enough sleep and drink water. Sleep is when toxins are removed from your body and your brain. Keep in mind, lack of sleep can be tied to dementia and other health issues.
7) Try meditation. 5 minutes a day can help bring balance to emotional stress.
– Call us –
Success begins in knowing our Clients & preparing for tomorrow, today
Thank you for trusting me with yourself and family, and your friends. Referrals are appreciated.
Call me – Your success is the first priority.