Good morning to Corona Virus 2020;
Mortgage Rates: Time is Now .
– Don’t Miss Out –
If you are waiting to buy, wanting more bang for your buck? What better time ?
In a nutshell, hyped fears surrounding Corona Virus are consuming the markets. And responses are rapid and dramatic. Some countries are restricting travel and conferences are cancelling.
Talk about dramatics, look at the Greed / Fear index (1- 100). In January, the number was 97, full speed ahead. Today, that same number is now 3, with traders in a panic about locking in profits and moving scared monies into bonds and US Treasuries. It seems hectic, yet keep in mind, there are now large sums of money on the sidelines. But until – and only until – markets stabilize can one even begin to guess what’s next. It takes time to rebuild trust, so don’t panic.
In the meantime, the Federal Reserve has made a dramatic cut in rates – 0.50 cut – with JP Morgan suggesting there maybe even more to come. Time to prepare and be ready to act.
Now back to our Real Estate – Refinance NOW
Are you renting? We offer market-based calculations comparing renting vs the benefits of owning. Answers can be rewarding. Good news: We look beyond the boiler plate, typical big numbers. We understand ‘affordability’ is unique for each and every individual, and family. Our focus is to understand you, asking pertinent questions to help guide your financial future. Our concern is more about “livability”, than the industry standard of, ‘what you qualify for’.
It is a great day: Wanting to consolidate debt or refinance. You will be amazed at the benefits of a lower rate of interest and how to keep more cash in your pocket. Best: We have the tools to show you. We will show you the “full benefits” you can achieve – now and overtime. You will be surprised. Let’s talk today, so the fun can begin tomorrow.
Let’s talk. You matter: At the heart of my 30-plus year career, is keeping my clients first. It is a top priority. It is why I offer the best of my technical know-how, skills, and time-tested experience to you. It is key to finding our clients safe, sound, and secure loans – one’s best fit for them. Keeping you well-informed, makes for better decisions. Call today.
Points of interest:
- Interest Rates: Rates are falling. VA rates and FHA rates starting with a ‘2’. And the news just stays good: 1) Purchases get the love, as underwriting turn-around is a couple of days. 2) Refinance – No better time. Turn-times can be 2 months – Lock rates today.
- Housing: Why has new construction remained somewhat muted? A primary reason: Nationwide, the average stay in a home has gone from 8 years in 2010 to 13 years in 2018. Low roll-over of housing does tend to subdue a marketplace.
- Stock market: We will get back to talking about this when things stabilize.
- Trade and Tariff: Negative affects for transshipments in CA, but direct export and import to CA, continue with positive increases. This number may surprise.
- Lending: For our self-employed borrowers, we have “no employment and no income documentation”. The loan is stable and market safe with 25 – 35 % minimum equity.
1) Yield Curve: Does the current inverted yield curve, foreshadow a recession? For me, I am an outlier who thinks the yield curve is more about Fed – US, Europe, China – market manipulations, than a reliable indicator of free market events. Yet, one cannot be blind in comparing the 2 Yr. Vs 10 Yr. Yield, over several month. The market seems to like + 0.15 % – the average for the entire past year.
2) Employment: Continues to shine, as new claims for unemployment benefits continue to be very low. Employers are holding onto their people, yet for California, be watchful for possible negative effects due to increases in minimum wage and AB5. We will survive, but there is going to be pain along the way.
3) Split Property Tax Roll: Now being sold as “Save our Schools ! Why? Even with rising tax revenues, they need even more money??” This seems a pure power / money grab, as I keep waiting to hear how the lottery has benefited schools all these years? I wonder if under-funded pension needs are the real issue?
Recent Residential Success Stories
Refinancing: Now !!! Nothing to do but ‘high 5’ here. Jumbo rates starting with a 3, as mentioned earlier both FHA and VA start with a 2.
Reverse mortgages: With rising home values, this is a very viable tool for longevity and staying in our home. Our grandparents didn’t think about living to 70 +. Now we don’t think about living to 90 +. I strive to help each person be pro-active in the plan. Not always easy answers, yet I will try to bring objective and data-driven information to you.
Self-employed: Have great bank deposits, yet your tax returns show low income? We have the answer. We offer loans based on bank statement and stated income. Call today for details.
Buying your next home: Two wonderful “tools”. First, a client uses their old home, as collateral for their new home!! Second, we have a tool whereby the current payment on the “old” home, does not count against your client, while they are settling into their new home. Excellent. You need options, tools, and alternative ideas? We have them. Call today.
*** Keep Your Cash & Defer Taxes ***
We are planning to have our seminar in Los Gatos on April 25. Call or email me to save a seat. With new opportunities and low interest rates, more and more investors — in state and out of state — are seeking new investments. The hang-up: Capital gains taxes. This tends to be the shock that stops. Let talk today. We can discuss several proven ways to get off the merry-go-round of doubts. Our tools-of-the trade will help push taxes down the road and keep more of your investing dollars under your control. Check this out at “defertax.com” / login: “ryan”. Then give us a call. We are ready to start today.
Because You Matter
As you read, if questions come to mind, let me know. Your thoughts and opinion are important. Why? Because people and their best interest, is where my work is focused. It is why I offer guidance –along with a complete set tools– to bring answers that work. After 30 years, you know and learn many things about many different circumstances, situations, and people.
Call us, we know success.
Thank you for trusting me with yourself and your friends and family. Referrals are appreciated.
Call me – Your success is our priority.